The work comprised of the demolition and replacement of the single-span, concrete, bowstring-arch bridge structure containing abutments in Irvine Creek and the planning, design and construction of a new 33.0m x 9.7m CPCI 1600, two-lane Single Span Integral Abutment Bridge in accordance with a Schedule “B” Environmental Assessment.
Triton’s services for this project:
- Approvals and reports including Archaeological and Heritage Impact Assessment (HIA), Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) and Grand River Conservation Authority (GRCA)
- The demolition and removal of existing concrete structure
- Construction of a new 33.0m x 9.7m CPCI 1600 single span integral abutment concrete structure
- The new structure consisted of concrete abutments, integrated pre-cast concrete girders and reinforced concrete deck complete with concrete barriers, guiderails and asphalt pavement
- Realignment and road base widening of Jones Baseline on both approaches to accommodate the widened bridge structure
- The project was constructed in 2011 at a cost of $1,500,000