The Beatty Dam was a timber dam located on the Grand River in the core of the Town of Fergus. The structure was an old timber dam that was in serious disrepair and the Township of Centre Wellington required a review to determine if the structure should be rehabilitated or removed. This project involved complicated, controversial issues with conflicting interests with various approval agencies and interest groups.
Triton’s Services for this Project:
- Collection and evaluation of background material including original design information for the dam, environmental issues and hydraulic assessment.
- Established primary design options and cost estimates for rehabilitation and removal options.
- Provided an evaluation of each option including potential impacts both environmental and social.
- Prepared presentations for public meetings and coordination of the project with approval agencies.
- Acted as the Project Manager for the removal of the dam including tendering, contract administration and approvals.
- Established and implemented monitoring program related to environmental concerns.